March 30, 2011

Rib-look newborn baby hat and a FREE PATTERN

I've been whining for the last 3 years about how I want to learn how to follow a crochet pattern, so I finally decided to do something about it.  Because Crochet for Dummies wasn't really helping me out (I'll save that story for another post), I decided to browse the web, and Etsy for patterns.  I purchased a pattern on Etsy that had a description reading "Easy". Guess what?  NOT easy.  So instead of wasting anymore money on patterns that I obviously wasnt going to get the hang of until I learned more terminology.  I browsed some more and realized that the web has lots of free patterns that I can get practice with. 

I found this pattern super Easy and user friendly. I was able to follow it all the way through without having to unravel even one time.  That's saying a lot for me.   Here's the deal.  If you how to Double Crochet, single crochet, and know what "through back loop only" means, the only thing left to do from there on out is count to 25.   This FREE PATTERN is listed at  http://www.piece-by-piece.net/Patterns/fp49.htm along with many others.   When you visit the website, please be sure to read the terms of use.  The designer is extremely gracious to share her knowledge for free, and  these should only be made for personal or charitable use.  

You can also see more information on this by visiting Character Crochet on Ravelry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment